2012 Abstract Submission
- There is no limit on first authored abstract submissions
- All non-solicited submissions will be presented as posters
- Authors should use the provided templates or follow the
styles described here to submit their abstracts
- Abstract should be send by email to email@example.com
- When sending your abstract by email please state SEDI
abstract: FirstName, LastName, Session (with session
being a suggestion for the preferred session) in the subject
- The preferred format for abstract submission is pdf (but we
can also deal with *.doc files)
- Abstract files should be named according to this convention
- There is no abstract submission fee
- When you submit your abstract it will be assumed that you
consent for any information you supply to be published in the
SEDI2012 abstract volume and also in an online database.
A summary of styles
- Page and paragraph set-up: please adjust your
wordprocessor's page settings to A4 (210 x 297 mm), portrait
- Page margins should be at least 2.5 cm on all sides.
- The abstract (including any figures and tables) must not
exceed one page with these settings.
- Please use Times
(or a similar font) for the abstract
- Title: The title should be 14pt
and set in bold. Alignment should be centered.
Author names should be set in 12 pt and Small Caps. Please add
a numbered superscript to indicate affiliations. Indicate the
presenting author by underlining the appropriate name.
Alignment should be centered
- Affiliations: Please indicate the
appropriate affiliations in 10pt font with the appropriate
superscript to tie author to the affiliation. Add or remove
appropriate lines in the template to add or remove needed
affiliations. Alignment should be left.
For the body of the abstract please use 12 pt normal fonts and
justified alignment. First lines of each paragraph should be
indented by 0.5 cm. You can use 12pt spacing before a
paragraph to separate paragraphs.
All graphics should be of high-quality when reproduced in A4
- If references are given please give them in
9pt font and use the following format:  Dziewonski &
Anderson (1981), Phys.
Earth Planet. Int., 25,
and Examples to download
Abstract example: Sedi_Leeds.pdf
MicroSoft Word Template: SEDI_Template.doc
LaTeX Template: SEDI_abstract_template.tex
The privacy statement for
this page is described here.